3 SEO Tips for 2012 and Beyond: SEO Tips You Can Still Rely On
SEO Tips for 2012… Follow these Strategies for an Infusion of SEO Juice
SEO tips are , “a dime a dozen,” in the internet marketing arena. Soon to be 2012, we have seen that SEO strategies have stayed the same over the years, but many of them have been out dated, over used, or highly abused, as well. To help guide seasoned internet marketers and confused newbies alike, I am going to list my top 3 SEO tips for 2012 that I currently practice. In no way is this supposed to be a complete guide to SEO, but instead is a set of search engine optimization strategies you can use to optimize your current SEO game plan.
1. Make Sure You Know Your “On Page SEO” Like the Back of Your Hand…
When someone asks me, “What is basic SEO?” my answer is, “On page SEO is the basics.” Without strong on page search engine optimization, the rest of your efforts can be lost in the wind. On page SEO consist of:
- keyword(s)/keyword phrase in title
- keyword(s)/keyword phrase in title tag
- keyword(s)/keyword phrase in meta tag
- keyword(s)/keyword phrase in post tags
- proper keyword(s) density in body of content
- keyword(s)/keyword phrase in content’s link
- 2 or 3 text links created from keywords
Practice on page SEO until it becomes as natural as creating the content itself. Think of it as helping someone find you when you are lost. Each one of the bullets above is like sign pointing to your location. The more signs you have, the easier it is going to be for someone to find you.
2. Create Original Content of High Quality On an Original Website of High Quality…
My second SEO tip might seem to be common sense to most, but I see too many neglecting to understand the significance of originality and quality when attempting internet marketing (a.k.a. direct marketing). Don’t let the thought of creating unique stellar content that people want to eat up, overwhelm you too much. You do not have to be a, “New York Times best seller,” to produce content people want and are searching for on daily basis.
Remember, many newspapers are written at 5th grade level. Don’t over think how intellectual you sound to the consumer of your content. It is most important to stay to the point (your keyword(s)’keyword phrase). You also want to implement your own style into your writing; kinda like the way you would talk to someone in real life.
Use metaphors and similes that are unique to you. Be sarcastic in a way people will get it… if that is your personality. Be funny and squeeze in jokes into your content to lighten up the mood. Don’t force what is not natural. People will be much more drawn to your content if you are being yourself and not coming off like some out dated text book in history class.
Last thing on the topic of quality content, but not any less important, is to spell check and grammar check all your content before publishing (making it public) it to the internet. You do not want people mistaking your articles, blog post, etc. for spun content (content rewritten by software). You credibility can quickly be lost if people think you are not creating your own original stuff.
Now that you are steadily creating quality, original content, you need a place of high quality to publish your efforts. I don’t have time to go into detail about this subject, but in general stay away from places like ezinearticles.com. They are just a big waste of time IMHO. Same thing with mass article directory submitters, stay away from them. At the bare minimum you need to have your own original blog using the WordPress.org platform. You will need your own domain name and hosting account to create your very own SEO enhanced blog/website. Find out how you can set up your own blog here, instead of paying someone to do this simple task. * Note: Creating quality content doesn’t directly improve your SEO, but will dramatically help you execute my third SEO tip.
3. Get People to Actively Engage in Your Content and Encourage Social Interaction…
The first two SEO tips that I explained above, are the basis of a strong SEO strategy. That being said, it doesn’t necessarily mean people are going to be flocking to your page or post you have just published. You can do things like Ping your link (that is whole other topic), but our focus is to further improve your SEO strategy. The most powerful way to get more authority for your keyword(s) or keyword phrase is to get people socially engaged in your content. The longer someone is on your site, consuming your stuff, and interacting on your page (sharing on Facebook, retweeting, commenting, etc.), the more SEO juice that is flowing your way. SEO juice… that is the stuff we want Here are several things you can do to get people engaged in your content:
- Create original content that you would honestly read yourself.
- Place social sharing buttons on your site, such as Facebook share button.
- Use videos along with text (keeps people on your site longer).
- Use call to actions in your content. (ex. If you have found this info useful, please share this with your friends on Facebook or leave a comment below.)
- Use a plug in like Comment Luv to encourage more people to engage.
- Bookmark your newly published link on sites, such as, Digg.com, Mashable.com, and Reddit.com.
- Leave comments that add value to the discussion or topic on blogs and websites that are relevant to your keyword, with a link back to the content you are trying to optimize. (DO NOT SPAM)
- These are just a few ways to encourage social engagement on your site. Please feel free to add to the list by leaving a comment below…
From my experience, you can have what you think is the best blog post ever written, but if no one is interacting or actually staying on your page to consume the content you worked hard on, you are more than likely not going to be improve your search engine ranking. Go ahead and send some SEO juice my way by sharing and/or commenting on this post right now… that is if you believe in SEO karma:)
Our “Prosperity Team” can help you create your own Abundance Mindset!
Here Are Just A Few Of Our Prosperity Team Benefits that help people stick with us!
-Live Prosperity Team Coaching Mastermind – Monday-Friday ($397 per month value) -Live “Think & Grow Rich” Mindset Call – Monday-Friday ($97 per month value) -10k per month Daily Action Assignments ($97 per month value) -Prosperity Team Training Site – Step By Step Tutorials ($497 value) -Prosperity Team Facebook Mastermind (Priceless) -Marketing Systems, emails & webpages that do all the selling for you. ($197 per month value) -And Most Importantly A Partnership Top Internet Marketers, Offline Marketers, 6 & 7 Figure Income Earners! -All for less then it would cost for ordering pizza for the family 1 night!